Friday, January 19, 2007

January 19 2007



Day 17 of 365 photos in 2007... photojournaling my way thru 2007!

Ever had one of those days when the weight of the world was on your shoulders, pressures from all sides and multiple challenges to face? And when they all collide, it always comes on a Friday afternoon! Yet, I look around and see the burdens that my friends are carrying also - financial challenges, job worries, health issues, unmet expectations, broken relationships, winter bleakness... and yet there is great resolve to make it through to the other side - at least to where we can see light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm chasing a sunset to my challenges and for those I care for - and I see this photo that yes, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. As I'm standing in the parking lot reflecting on the day, with the trees and cold wind blowing, I'm reminded of Genesis 22:13, when God ordered Abraham to sacrifice his son Isaac, but at the last moment 'Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son'.

I am encouraged that better days are ahead and for my friends, I pray indeed that they will be encouraged as well. Meanwhile, as we're preservering, I can say to God - "I've got all the character building I can stand!" He is faithful; seldom early, but never late... Great is His faithfulness indeed.

No comments: